Tuesday 17 November 2009

HD DVD Launch - Top Titles that Geeks Wish They Could Buy

In Frye's in the weekend I saw two half shelves worth of HD-DVD software. This is remarkable because I had not been to an electronics store recently for some screen. I know they are out for weeks or one months or I do not care. The HD-DVD were grouped at the end of the anime section just for the nature and historical videos. I can not remember the first weeks or months of the launch DVDs, but it was probably just as pathetic (I just remember seeing Eraser and Twister DVDs for one years before I cared about DVD as a source of entertainment). The discs are packed in clam same cases as normal DVDs, the HD-DVD "banner at the top was the only tip-off. Blockbuster! / Must buy! Titles include: Rumor Has It, The Chronicles of Riddick, Van Helsing, Swordfish, Doom. This is all I get after dropping $ 500 on my new Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD player? (I ask hypothetical, because I have no such player.) Penny Arcade was a use for the Phantom of the Opera HD-DVD. If I am the King of All Media Home Entertainment (as Mark Cuban or Mickey Mouse), I would write this memo to all my media minions: Dear studios depend on the launch of HD-DVD: The following titles will force me to your new disk format: Digital Video Essentials to set (calibrate before the rest of us watch the launch titles), Star Wars Episodes IV-VI, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Blade Runner, Alien and Aliens, King Kong, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Harry Potter films, Moulin Rouge, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Princess Mononoke, Serenity (actually this is a launch title! Go Team Whedon), Sin City, Apocalypse Now, ET, Close Encounters of the third kind, Jaws, Romeo + Juliet, Fight Club, Terminator 2, A Nightmare Before Christmas, Lion King, The Incredibles, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Spider-Man movies, Batman and Batman Begins, X-Men movies, Superman 1 and 2, Bill, Casablanca , North By Northwest Kill, The Graduate, The Fifth Element, Blue Velvet, and Planet of the Apes. Now that is a launch. After every geek collect their jaws from the floor they would be willing to invest in the best HD-DVD player they could find. The entire catalog launch above would break all the home video sales records. These are the films we are willing to buy over and over again. It would not matter if half of the titles were rushed into production and not eek the best high-definition quality, because the film's an extra special edition could release six months later and we would buy again. The HD-DVD would only look and sound marginally better than the best SD-DVD had to offer for the same title. Launch HD-DVD has a huge push. Rumor Has It would not start a bottle rocket with a flamethrower. Father, Husband and Geek. My geeky interests have not changed since I was a child. I still love comic books, anime, role-playing games, console video games, indie rock, imported toys and mecha models, bad American and Great British sitcoms, and all the tech that let's me experience these hobbies fully. Now I am married with children, I have a balance between supporting and pleasing my family and feeding my geekery hunger. Luckily for me, my wife really care and even geeks with me occasion (the ladies love Joss Whedon's "Firefly"). My two years old loves anything that moves on the front screen and makes noise, if they are easy to please. Geekwithfamily.com to advance the lives of fellow geeks and the friends and family who put up with them. Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kyle_Kolbe enrich

No comments:

Post a Comment